This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
STANTON ST BERNARD HONEY STREET SU 16 SW 8/191 Barge Inn
Public house on canal. 1856, by S. Robbins and Ben Biggs.
Colourwashed stone with brick dressings, slate roof. Two high storeys raised over cellars. Two parallel blocks of four bays.
Entrance with stone quoins in second bay with part-glazed door and tall overlight. Twelve and 16-pane sashes with flush quoined surrounds and brick arches having raised keystones and one large nonconforming window on ground floor: Boxed eaves. Brick stacks to all four gables and added stack at front. Roof formerly carried a square timber lantern. Built at the far corner of parish on canal to serve Honey Street wharf in Alton parish, which refused to have drinking houses.
Listing NGR: SU1006461620
Copyright IoE Mr B.J.W. Heath. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Heath, B.J.W.
Rights Holder: Heath, B.J.W.
Brick, Slate, Stone, Victorian Public House, Commercial, Licensed Premises, Eating And Drinking Establishment, Recreational