This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
NORTH CURRY CP CHURCH ROAD (North side) ST3125
10/37 Churchyard cross in churchyard, about 80 m south of chancel, Church of St Peter and St Paul -
Churchyard cross. C15 socket, otherwise rebuilt in C15 style in 1891 by Edmund Buckle for the Rev Prebendary Buller in memory of his sister, Miss Florence Buller. Ham stone. Three stage calvary with nosing, chamfered plinth, octagonal socket decorated with quatrefoil panels and trefoil headed niches on square angled shafts, octagonal socket with crocketted decoration and cross. Inscribed on upper stage of calvary with names and dates of Buller family. A fine reconstruction. (O1ivey, North Curry, 1901; Pooley, Old Crosses of Somerset, 1877).
Listing NGR: ST3195625488
Copyright IoE Mr Mick Humphreys. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Humphreys, Mick
Rights Holder: Humphreys, Mick
Ham Hill Stone, Medieval Cross, Tudor Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Mixed Cemetery, Cemetery, Funerary Site