This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
KILMINGTON BUTTS LANE ST 73 NE (east side) 3/72 Kilmington House GV II Rectory, now detached house Early Cl9, extended late C19.
Rendered brick and rubblestone, hipped Welsh slate roof. Two- storey, 3-window. Six-panelled door central to left hand part, with sidelights in chamfered surround, 12-pane tripartite sash to right and 12-pane sash to left. First floor has two tripartite sashes and one 12-pane sash. Right return, garden front, has five 12-pane sashes to ground floor, plat band and five 9-pane sashes to first floor, two right hand bays are 1889 extension, datestone to rear of addition with initials TS for Townsend Selwyn the rector.
Rear has pair of gabled wings with sashes. Left return has single- storey attached outhouses around kitchen yard, 3-light casements and fixed windows, planked doors.
Interior has good stair hall with open well stairs with stick balusters and continuous wreathed handrail, elliptical archway leads to passage. Drawing room with classical fireplace with floral and egg and dart mouldings, doors with 6 fielded panels in panelled reveals. Ceased to be the rectory in 1940s.
Listing NGR: ST7743536751
Copyright IoE Mr G.M. Cotton. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cotton, G.M.
Rights Holder: Cotton, G.M.
Brick, Render, Rubble, Stone, Welsh Slate, Georgian Oubliette, Victorian Unassigned, Building, Vicarage, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Yard, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument, Detached House, Monument <By Form>