This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
PARISH OF TICKNALL CHAPEL STREET SK 32 SE 4/78 (North Side) 19-1-67 Methodist Chapel II Non-Conformist Chapel. 1815. Red brick with painted stone dressings. Welsh slate roof. Sawtooth eaves cornice. Two storeys. Three bay entrance elevation has parapet ramped up to pedimented gable. Plain first floor band and a thin band at base of the parapet and the base of the pediment. Large round- arched entrance with C20 double doors and overlight. Flanked on each side by fixed small pane lights under wedge brick lintels.
Three similar windows above. Above the centre window a stone with moulded hoodmould, inscribed METHODIST CHAPEL 1815.
Circular vent with moulded surround in the gable. Three bay west and east elevations have similar fenestration. Interior: U-plan gallery supported on five cast iron columns. Later C19 raised preaching platform with iron railings. Plain open benches. A pair of stick baluster staircases lead up to the gallery.
Listing NGR: SK3539624056
Copyright IoE Mr Thomas Bates. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Bates, Thomas
Rights Holder: Bates, Thomas
Brick, Cast Iron, Stone, Welsh Slate, Georgian Methodist Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument