This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SEATON VALLEY (part) FRONT STREET (north side) NZ 37 SW Earsdon.
4/26 Church of St. Alban G.V.
II Parish church. 1836-7 by John and Benjamin Green; 1889 chancel. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar dressings. plinth and quoins; Welsh slate roof with stone gable copings. West tower; nave; chancel with north vestry and south porch. Early English style. Gothic-panelled double south door in tower under stepped lancet belfry openings offsets to set-back buttresses with spirelets on upper stages; central canopied pierced lancets to parapet. Buttressed, 6-bay nave and 2-bay chancel have lancets; 2-light sanctuary and 4-light east windows. Boarded porch door in 2-centred arch. Interior: plaster; gothic-traceried struts to bracketed queen-post roof, upper level ceiled. Banded quatrefoil columns support west gallery; 2-centred arch to north organ chamber. Glass: in east nave lancets: C16, possibly by Galyon Hone for Hampton Court: presented in 1874 by Lord Hastings; restored by L. C. Evetts in 1958: armorials of Henry VII and Henry VIII. Sources: L.C. Evetts "Sixteenth Century Heraldic Glass at Earsdon, Northumberland" Archaeologia Aeliana 4; XXXVII; 333-39
Listing NGR: NZ3202072518
Copyright IoE Mrs J.H. Black. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Black, J.H.
Rights Holder: Black, J.H.
Ashlar, Sandstone, Welsh Slate, Georgian Parish Church, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship