This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
MAIDEN BRADLEY CHURCH STREET ST 83 NW (east side) 4/88 United Reform Chapel GV II Congregational chapel, now United Reform. Dated 1820. Rendered, Welsh slate roof. Gable end to road. Double half-glazed doors with plain stone Tuscan portico, late C19 margin pane plate glass sash over, datestone inscribed 1820 to gable, coped verge with urn finial. Right and left returns have two margin-pane segmental- headed sashes with keystones to ground floor and gallery.
Schoolroom attached to east end with 4-pane sashes and brick stack, C20 lean-to extension.
Interior has vestibule with wooden stairs to gallery. Gallery on wooden columns, with original seating on three sides, organ loft to east end, probably late C19, pulpit and reading desk on dais at east end.
Listing NGR: ST8025338757
Copyright IoE Mr G.M. Cotton. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cotton, G.M.
Rights Holder: Cotton, G.M.
Render, Welsh Slate, Georgian Schoolroom, Education, Congregational Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument, United Reformed Church