This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1. HIGH STREET 4430 (North Side) CARSHALTON Nos 5 and 7 TQ 2864 NW 21/73 II GV 2. Deeds refer to erection of a house in 1603. Present building with C19 exterior incorporating timber-framed structure of C17 origin. Stuccoed front of 3 storeys, 3 window bays; giant pilaster at either end. Hipped roof, right hand part of modern pantiles and left hand part of slates. Overhanging eaves. Sashes without glazing bars on 2nd floor; 2-light casements on 1st floor. Front wall of ground floor remains but has been covered by late C19 shop additions to either side with passageway between. In front wall at end of passageway, half-glazed door with margin lights; felted hood on brackets over. Timber-framed construction visible in centre 1st floor room; plank and muntin panelling in passageway of No 5. Staircases of early to mid Cl9 date. Smaller 2-storey C19 additions to rear. Cellar.
Nos 3 to 7 (odd) form a group with Nos 12 to 20 (even) High Street (South Side).
Listing NGR: TQ2804964510
© Mr Robert Taverner. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Taverner, Robert
Rights Holder: Taverner, Robert
Pantile, Slate, Stucco, Timber, Tudor House, Elizabethan Monument (By Form), Stuart Domestic, Jacobean Dwelling, Timber Framed House, Timber Framed Building, Shop, Commercial