This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5216 CHURCHGATE STREET (west side) Parish Church of TL 4811 SW 9/3 5.7.50 St Mary and St Hugh II GV 2.
Church of mediaeval origin without aisles, cruciform plan and tower at the crossing with tall broach spire, shingled. Completely restored: 1878/80, few old features. Carcase of large flints, some Roman brick and indurated conglomerate - stone dressings. One Norman window in north-west bay of nave-wall. Eleven brasses inside. (RCHM 2).
Listing NGR: TL4827211468
Copyright IoE Ms Elaine Allen . Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Allen, Elaine
Rights Holder: Allen, Elaine
Brick, Conglomerate, Flint, Stone, Medieval Parish Church, Tudor Religious Ritual And Funerary, Elizabethan Church, Place Of Worship, Commemorative Brass, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument