This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TF3243NE HIGH STREET 716-1/10/60 (East side) 14/02/75 No.114
House, now shop and flats. Late C18. Red brick in Flemish bond, ashlar dressings, slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys, 3-bay front, with stone plinth, 1st floor stone band, stone coping to parapet. To right a 6-panel door, upper panels glazed, with fanlight. To left 2 semicircular headed plain sashes. Ground floor openings are set in semicircular headed recesses. The upper floors have plain sashes, with flat brick wedge lintels. The 2nd floor windows are smaller. INTERIOR: retains turned baluster staircase. Shown as "Bank" on John Wood's plan of 1826 and may have been used as such in conjunction with No.116 adjacent (qv), the house of William Garfit, founder of Garfit's Bank, which was founded in 1754.
Listing NGR: TF3274843546
Copyright IoE Mr Ray Horrocks. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Horrocks, Ray
Rights Holder: Horrocks, Ray