Gateway To Parish Church Of St Mary And Fountain To Side

Date:
4 Mar 2001
Location:
Gateway To Parish Church Of St Mary And Fountain To Side, Churchgate, Stockport, Greater Manchester, SK1 1YJ
Reference:
IOE01/02214/24
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

1. CHURCHGATE 5086 (East Side) Gateway to Parish Church of St Mary and wall and fountain to side SJ 8990 NE 1/1A

II* GV

2. 1312, by Lewis Wyatt. Stone. Elaborate Gothic screen formfing 3 pointed archways with crocketed finials above the centre arch. Ashlar wall to Millgate incorporates drinking fountain in granite dated 1853, with 2 moulded stone steps below.

The Parish Church of St Mary and gate and wall form a visual group with properties in the Market Place.



Listing NGR: SJ8973690516

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/2064 IOE Records taken by Derek Trillo; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Derek Trillo. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Trillo, Derek

Rights Holder: Trillo, Derek

Keywords

Ashlar, Granite, Stone, Georgian Gate, Unassigned, Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Drinking Fountain, Water Supply And Drainage, Fountain, Water Supply Site

Back
to top