Tettenhall Old Bridge Over Staffordshire And Worcestershire Canal

Date:
4 Nov 2000
Location:
Tettenhall Old Bridge Over Staffordshire And Worcestershire Canal, Meadow View, Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Reference:
IOE01/02290/23
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

WOLVERHAMPTON

SO89NE MEADOW VIEW 895-1/4/89 (South side) Tettenhall Old Bridge over Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal

II

Canal bridge. 1770s; later widening to south, before 1820. By Brindley, Simcock and Dadford, engineers. Brick with stone dressings. Segmental arch on stone springers with keystone; straight parapets with replaced coping; end piers; oval iron plaque to north with lettering: TETTENHALL/ OLD BRIDGE, AND NUMBER: 61. Bridge carried main Holyhead road until re-routed by T.Telford in 1820s, now Tettenhall Road and The Rock.

Listing NGR: SO8919499906

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1018 IOE Records taken by John M Holt; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr John M Holt. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Holt, John M

Rights Holder: Holt, John M

Keywords

Brick, Stone, Georgian Canal Bridge, Transport, Canal Transport Site, Water Transport Site, Bridge

Back
to top