This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TG5207SE KING STREET 839-1/16/73 (West side) 27/06/53 Nos.137 AND 138
House, now a shop. Reputedly built in 1751, greatly altered C19 and C20. Stuccoed and colourwashed brick. Slate roof. 3 storeys; 3-window range. Mid C20 plate-glass shop front with a tiled dado. First floor with a late C20 imitation sash without glazing bars to left of a canted bay window also with 3 imitation sashes without glazing bars. 3 blind second-floor windows with stuccoed architraves. Gabled roof hipped to south, formerly with a dormer. Internal gable-end stack to north. INTERIOR: all 3 floors opened out into display suites. Roof of purlins and principals, much rebuilt. Rear extension with king-post roof.
Listing NGR: TG5259607259
© Mr Nigel Gallant. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Gallant, Nigel
Rights Holder: Gallant, Nigel
Brick, Slate, Stucco, Georgian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Shop, Commercial