This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1. THE PRIORY 1590 The Priory (Formerly listed as 'House occupied by Dr Diemer') TL 186O 1/50 10.1.51.
C18 mid. 2 storeys, cellars and dormers. Double fronted with 3 windows.
Tiled roof. Gault brick with stone plinth. Architraved sash windows with exposed boxing and glazing bars; gauged segmental brick arches to ground floor windows. Good doorcase with fluted Doric pilasters carrying entablature and pediment; patterned half glazed panelled door. 1 storey extension on south side with early C19 doorcase with reeded surround and projecting hood.
Stone steps to doorways and cobbled forecourt. Cast iron guttering with lion-head brackets. Plaque in garden wall marks site of Priory gatehouse.
Listing NGR: TL1811260294
This is part of the Series: IOE01/0383 IOE Records taken by Norman D Chappell; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
© Mr Norman D Chappell. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Chappell, Norman D
Rights Holder: Chappell, Norman D
Brick, Cobble, Stone, Tile, Medieval Augustinian Monastery, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Monastery, Religious House, Priory, Gatehouse, Unassigned, Building, House, Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling, Steps, Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site, Courtyard, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Garden Wall, Wall, Barrier, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument