Chipping House Cottages / Leysgarth

Date:
2 Nov 2001
Location:
Chipping House Cottages, 1 And 2, Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55 6EG
Show all locations
Leysgarth, Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55 6EG
Reference:
IOE01/02490/23
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Image not available

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

1. 5224 WESTINGTON

Leysgarth. (Formerly listed as Nos 1 and 2 Chipping House Cottages) SP 1439 7/57 25.8.60

II

2. C17, extensively modernised by raising the eaves. Two storeys now, rubble with imitation Cotswold stone "Poradstone" roof and 2 ashlar end chimneys. Three gables, 2 for half-dormers; 2 new windows on first floor. Three mullioned windows on ground floor, 3 and 4 lights with drips. Tudor arch doorway to left. Door with wood lintel to right. Interior altered.



Listing NGR: SP1484838546

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0750 IOE Records taken by Lorna Freeman; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Lorna Freeman. Source: Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Freeman, Lorna

Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna

Keywords

Ashlar, Rubble, Tudor House, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Domestic, Jacobean Dwelling

Back
to top