War Memorial In Churchyard, 15 Metres East Of Church Of All Saints

Date:
17 Jun 2000
Location:
War Memorial In Churchyard, 15 Metres East Of Church Of All Saints, Station Road, Wrington, North Somerset, Somerset
Reference:
IOE01/02512/33
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

ST 46 SE WRINGTON C.P. STATION ROAD (west side)

5/159 War Memorial in churchyard, 15 metres east of Church of All Saints

G.V. II

War Memorial in the form of a Churchyard Cross. Circa 1918. Limestone.

Octagonal on plan with 4 steps with moulded caps and socket with broached angles.

Octagonal shaft rising from square base to carved finial: crucifixion to east and George slaying the dragon to the west. Memorial bronze plaques on steps facing east. The whole structure is 4.5 metres high.

Listing NGR: ST4681662696

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0144 IOE Records taken by Mike Bedingfield; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mike Bedingfield. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Bedingfield, Mike

Rights Holder: Bedingfield, Mike

Keywords

Bronze, Limestone, 20th Century Cross, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Mixed Cemetery, Cemetery, Funerary Site, War Memorial, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument, Plaque

Back
to top