This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SO 72 SE HARTPURY MURRELLS END ROAD
8/56 Farm Store at ilartpury Court, between house and parish church (formerly listed as Catholic Chapel) 2.10.54
Former Roman Catholic Chapel and adjoining Cottage, now farm store.
1830 for R. Canning. Coursed, squared lias stone, slate roof, cottage brick. 4-window chapel, with 2-window cottage on half back; cottage 2 storeys. Chapel parallel to road: 4 semi-circular headed windows,stone voussoirs, leaded lights with coloured glass.
Centre 2 windows now shortened at foot, for double, sliding doors to late C20 entry replacing central porch. Low-pitch roof, parapet gables, plain cross on left apex, short chimney on right.
Internally, chapel oriented North-South, with main altar at north end. Ceiling plastered, 2 of 3 roses remain: heavy cornice (some plaster fallen). Only beam of south gallery remains, with brick pilasters at ends (originally 2 Ionic columns in centre). Outline of stairs to gallery on East wall; 6-panelled door originally providing access to first floor of Court in corner, before Hartpury Court rebuilt. Walls plastered, green dado, stepping up for sanctuary. 6-panelled door from sanctuary to cottage. Rear wing central door with plain 2-pane fanlight over, giving onto stairs: blocked door and 2-light timber casement, cambered-brick arch on right. On left front wall removed on ground floor, and stone- walled leanto added to form garage. First floor 2 four-pane sashes, brick-arch head. Gable chimneys, projects slightly on left. Chapel built by Cannings of Hartpury House (q.v.) for nuns then living at Hartpury Court (q.v.) Services ceased during or soon after Second World War. Listed mainly for historical interest. (Kelly, Gloucestershire Directory, 1870, 1897, 1910. Notes at Hartpury Primary School by Miss Davies; photograph of interior, 1936).
Listing NGR: SO7804423614