This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
KIRKHAM STATION ROAD SD 43 SW 9/35 Railway Hotel - - II
Hotel, now public house, c.1850. Brick (in Flemish bond) on a stone plinth with stone dressings, all now painted, slate roof. Two storeys, three bays with rusticated quoins and strongly projecting cornice. The slightly projecting porch also has rusticated quoins and an inset semi-circular arch. On each each side of it is a tall tripartite window, with a moulded architrave and mullions in the form of attenuated pilasters, which all reach down to the plinth. (A similar but plainer window can be seen at the back on the first floor). On the first floor all windows have moulded architraves and sills supported on consoles. In the centre above the cornice is a rectangular panel, supported by volutes, which bears the word HOTEL in low relief. Gable stacks. History: The Preston and Wyre railway arrived at Kirkham in 1840. Included as a good example of its type.
Listing NGR: SD4183932624
© Mr G M Smith. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Smith, G M
Rights Holder: Smith, G M
Brick, Slate, Stone, Georgian Railway Hotel, Victorian Transport, Railway Transport Site, Commercial, Hostel, Domestic, Residential Building, Public House, Licensed Premises, Eating And Drinking Establishment, Recreational