The Park House
- 15 Apr 2003
- The Park House, Old Hunstanton, Kings Lynn And West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE36 6JS
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TF 6941 OLD HUNSTANTON HUNSTANTON PARK
7/71 The Park House.
Garden building, said to be a deer-keeper's house of 1623, thematically, related to the building work of Sir Hamon Le Strange, 3rd Bt. and perhaps therefore the work of William Edge or his family, stonemasons. Partly rubble and partly squared and coursed carstone with galleting, stone and stuccoed brick dressings. Roofless. 2 storey with attics. Vernacular style with some classical references. Ground floor with 2 stone and stuccoed brick ventilation hole openings with classically inspired tracery of 4 roundels enclosing quatre- foils, 2 first floor large rectangular windows, one blocked and one open but without tracery, rusticated stuccoed brick surrounds. Central doorcase with moulded architrave surround with imposts and keystone. Stone plinth, quoins stone at base, stuccoed brick above, stone string course and stone coped battlemented parapet. Returns with single ground and 2 first floor windows, central parapet battlements heightened as stacks. Interior previously of two floors.
Listing NGR: TF6876341912
Copyright IoE Graham Brown. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Brown, Graham
Rights Holder: Brown, Graham
Brick, Carstone, Rubble, Stone, Stucco, Tudor Estate Cottage, Elizabethan Domestic, Stuart House, Jacobean Dwelling, Garden Building, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces