This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
EXWICK LANE 1.
1092 Cleve House SX 9093 11/532 29.1.53 II* 2.
Acquired by the Northmores circa 1690. Structure and interior fittings mostly of this date, or perhaps a little earlier, when the property belonged to Robert Gubbs. L-shaped house with front of main wing apparently stuccoed and altered late C18. This front is 2 storey, 7 window, with central Venetian window to 1st floor and fine Tuscan porch below. Doors have side lights and fanlight with gothic glazing bars. Subsidiary wing with bell cupola has been well modernised recently.
Interior: staircase, panelling, one ground floor ceiling, probably late C17. Other fittings late C18.
Listing NGR: SX9017393217
© Mr Terence Harper. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Harper, Terence
Rights Holder: Harper, Terence
Stucco, Stuart House, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Bell Tower, Religious Ritual And Funerary