This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
CHOLSEY CHURCH ROAD SU58NE (West side) 2/66 Barn approx. 70m. N of Manor 09/04/52 Farmhouse (Formerly listed as Barns north-west and north-east of Manor Farmhouse) GV II
Three barns, now linked to form one building. Dated 1815 on tie beam to centre, reusing material from C15 Cowpers barn. Mixed stone and flint with stone dressings to left and centre, red brick dressings to right; old plain-tile roof.
6-bay central barn with 7-bay barns to left and right. Paired plank doors to centre, centre left, centre right, right, and left. 5 openings with plank doors.
Half-hipped roofs to left and right; gabled roof to centre. Curved principal roof with some reused timber. Cowpers barn was approx. 100 metres long and 17 metres high. The roof was supported on square stone piers. The barn was demolished in 1815 and material was reused in the construction of this group of barns.
(V.C.H.: Berkshire, Vol.3, 1923, p.297; Buildings of England: Berkshire, p.117).
Listing NGR: SU5835287173
This is part of the Series: IOE\Jorgensen_Pauline A. IOE Records for Jorgensen, Pauline A.; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mrs Pauline A. Jorgensen. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Jorgensen, Pauline A.
Rights Holder: Jorgensen, Pauline A.
Brick, Flint, Stone, Tile, Georgian Barn, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building