The Old Post Office
- 11 Jun 2002
- The Old Post Office, Market Place, Holy Island, Berwick Upon Tweed, Northumberland, TD15 2RU
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
NU 1241 HOLY ISLAND MARKET PLACE
12/26 The Old Post Office
House. Probably C17 or early C18. Random rubble with pantiled roof, L-shaped.
2 storeys, 4 bays. 2-leaf C20 plank door in 3rd bay with roughly-alternating surround and relieving arch over. Relieving arches also to 6- and 9-pane ground- floor windows. Small 6-pane sashes on 1st floor. Steeply-pitched gabled roof with raised coping and rendered brick end stacks.
Single-storey wing to rear in similar style.
C20 addition attached to left in similar style, not of special interest.
Listing NGR: NU1261541862
Copyright IoE Mr Kenneth Robinson. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Robinson, Kenneth
Rights Holder: Robinson, Kenneth
Pantile, Rubble, Tudor House, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Domestic, Jacobean Dwelling, Post Office, Commercial, Communications, Postal System Structure