This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SP 61 NE WOTTON UNDERWOOD WOTTON HOUSE
3/161 The Clock Pavilion (formerly listed under Wotton House)
House, formerly pavilion for Wotton House. 1704-14. Red brick, ashlar plinth and quoins, moulded wooden eaves cornice with modillions.
Hipped old tile roof, 2 rectangular brick chimneys with moulded stone caps, central wooden clock turret. L-plan. S. and E. fronts are treated as one tall storey with attic, remainder as 2 storeys with attic. Symmetrical S. front of 5 bays has blind panels to plinth with segmental heads and keyblocks, and tall leaded windows with double transoms, raised ashlar surrounds and moulded stone panels above. 3 dormers with paired leaded casements and moulded pediments, triangular flanking segmental. Main cornice is broken forwards in centre bay over square stone panel with raised surround and carved side scrolls. Double panelled doors below in stone surround with Doric pilasters, triglyph frieze and cornice. Wooden turret has square base with clock faces, hexagonal arcaded bellcote and ogee lead roof. E. front of pavilion is similar but without door. Other fronts have leaded cross casements. Interior: large full-height kitchen with coved ceiling, panelled clock-case and shutters, and row of 3 segmental ashlar arches over wide fireplace and flanking doors. Smaller room to ground floor left with re-used early C17 moulded panelling, and carved panel overmantel above segmental stone fireplace arch. Staircase with moulded handrail and string, and turned balusters.
This building matches the South Pavilion opposite and forms an important part of the imposing composition of Wotton House.
Listing NGR: SP6854116191