This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SIBSON-CUM-STIBBINGTON GREAT NORTH ROAD, TL 09 NE Sibson (South-West Side)
1/104 Sibson House Hotel GV II Hotel formerly an inn and farmhouse. 1762-4 for the Duke of Bedford; stone mason Thomas Thompson, carpenter William Bradshaw; early C19 extension and alteration; C20 renovation and additions. Coursed limestone blocks with freestone and ashlar dressings. Collyweston stone slated roofs. Two storeys with double pile extension to north-west and rear extensions. Parapet gables with ashlar end stacks, two canted bay windows with ovolo moulded mullions and stone slated roofs flank main entrance with boarded door to left of centre and one three-light mullioned casement window to right hand. Four recessed first floor casement windows with upper lights, replacing former cross-framed windows, dovecot at first floor with framed wooden flight entry, one ground floor and two first floor wooden casement windows to extension. The inn was recorded as The Wheatsheaf from 1769, the building accounts mention the re-use of material from a building formerly on the site.
Bedford Estate Records, Bedford R.0.
Pickford, C J Sibson House, unpublished. Bedford R.O.
Listing NGR: TL0965797485
This is part of the Series: IOE\Walker_Richard S. IOE Records for Walker, Richard S.; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Richard S. Walker. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Walker, Richard S.
Rights Holder: Walker, Richard S.
Ashlar, Freestone, Limestone, Stone, Georgian Farmhouse, Domestic, Agricultural Dwelling, Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Inn, Commercial, Residential Building, Dovecote, Hostel