This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
WINSFORD FORMER U.D. (Off) SWANLOW LANE SJ 66 NE 4/114 Churchyard walls and gatepiers at Church of St Chad.
- - II Churchyard walls and gatepiers. Dated on metal plaque inscribed "The North, East and West walls/of this Church Yard were/built in 1810/John Thompson ) Churchwardens John Vernon ) Red sandstone ashlar. Two square gatepiers to western wall with C19 cast-iron gates and C20 wrought iron overthrow. Walls of c 3' in height with chamfered upper edges. The piers have moulded plinths and capitals. The churchyard walls were extended this century.
Listing NGR: SJ6498465078
© Mr John Riley. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Riley2, John
Rights Holder: Riley2, John
Ashlar, Cast Iron, Sandstone, Wrought Iron, Georgian Gate Pier, Victorian Unassigned, Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Mixed Cemetery, Cemetery, Funerary Site
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.