This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SU 09 SE CRICKLADE -
5/72 North Meadow Boundary Stones
Boundary stones in North Meadow. 1824. Silicaceous limestone. A series of 20 stones erected after the 1824 enclosure award to demarcate hay lofts in the common field. There were formerly 31.
Of the 20 that survive some are later replacements in sandstone.
Original stones carry initials of plot owners, JB, TP, WI, and DH.
(B.J. Whitehead in W.A.M. 76, 1981).
Listing NGR: SU0945794516
© Mr John Rendle. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Rendle, John
Rights Holder: Rendle, John
Limestone, Sandstone, Georgian Boundary Stone, Monument <By Form>, Boundary