Job: Alterations to buildings for expanded military use in 1924, Dover Castle

Date:
10 Jun 1924 - 29 Sep 1924
Location:
Dover Castle, Dover, Kent
Reference:
PF/DOV/015
Type:
Job containing Graphic material

Description

Thirty-six sheets of drawings relating to proposed alterations, extensions and conversions to a variety of buildings for expanded military use, including an extension to the dining room, a proposed conversion of the senior school to barracks (Hudson Block), extension and reorganisation of the Regimental Institute, and extension to the Headquarters Offices. The drawings are dated between June and September 1924 and signed by the Lieutenant Colonel Royal Engineers Dover. Many are coloured.

Content

This is part of the Volume: PF/DOV Dover Castle, Kent; within the Series: EHC01/022 English Heritage Plans and Measured Drawings; within the Collection: EHC01 English Heritage(EH):Archive

This Job is divided into 36 Child Records
This Job contains the following materials:
Measured Drawing: 36

Rights

Copyright Crown Copyright. Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Creator of Archive: Royal Engineers

Keywords

Dining Room, Early 20th Century School, Early 20th Century Military Headquarters, Early 20th Century Barracks