This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE HYDE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE HYDE

List entry Number: 1125671

Location

THE HYDE, SKIRMETT ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Hambleden

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Jan-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 46798

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 78 NE HAMBLEDEN SKIRMETT ROAD (off)

6/146 The Hyde

II

House. 2 late C17 bays, with 2 c. 1900-1910 bays to left, and later C20 flanking extensions. Original part is of flint with narrow brick dressings and old tile roof. External chimney to right with 2 rebuilt diagonal brick shafts. Group of 4 c.1900 matching shafts to left. Probably once L-plan with later infill in rear angle. 2 storeys. 2 gables to front. C20 paired leaded casements in chamfered brick surrounds, the left bay with leaded French doors. Rectangular openings in gables now blocked with tile-hanging. Circa 1900 gabled bays to left are roughcast with brick dressings and matching openings. Later C20 extensions to left are of brick and flint with hipped tile roof, matching chimneys, and wooden conservatory with Gothick glazing and glazed dome. Later C20 extensions to right include polygonal brick and flint garden room, and small reconstructed 2-bay barn from Ibstone. Interior: original right bay has stone fireplace with moulded 4-centre arch, and stop-chamfered spine beam.

Listing NGR: SU7820188835

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 78201 88835

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125671 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 10:30:47.

End of official listing