Enoch's Cottage and no. 64 High Street

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309839
Date first listed:
01-Dec-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
31-Jan-1984
Statutory Address:
64, High Street, Chippenham
Statutory Address:
Enoch's Cottage, 63, High Street, Chippenham

Map

Ordnance survey map of Enoch's Cottage and no. 64 High Street
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309839 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 16:44:01.

Location

Statutory Address:
64, High Street, Chippenham
Statutory Address:
Enoch's Cottage, 63, High Street, Chippenham

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cambridgeshire
District:
East Cambridgeshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Chippenham
National Grid Reference:
TL 66415 69678

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 17/10/2014

TL 66 NE 6/84

CHIPPENHAM, HIGH STREET (North-east side), 63 and 64

(Formerly listed as No 52 (Enochs Cottage) and No 52A.

Previously listed as Enock's Cottage)



1.12.51

GV II

Farmhouse dated 1673 on gable wall recently covered. Local buff brick and clunch, rendered timber-frame to north-east. Plain tile roof hipped to south-west. Two storeys with attics and basement. Large side stack to north-west. South-east elevation has two horizontal sliding sash dormer windows with sloping roofs, two first floor casement windows in segmental brick arches and at ground floor one hung sash window with glazing bars in segmental brick arch, one blocked round headed opening, half-glazed door with flat segmental shaped canopy and small canted bay window with glazing bars to right hand. Brick band between floors, and plinth. (No 52A to north-east) originally the bakehouse to the farmhouse now converted to a dwelling. Walls, possibly C17 rebuilt in C19, random courses of brick and Barnack limestone; C19 pantile roof with two ridge stacks; single storey. Three casement windows and boarded door.

Listing NGR: TL6641569678

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
49009
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Mar 2004
Reference: IOE01/11944/36
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Tree. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].