Mettingham Castle House, Mettingham
Mettingham Castle House, Mettingham, Bungay, Suffolk NR35 1TH View on map
Ruins of a moated fortified manor house founded in 1342 by Sir John de Norwich and a late 14th-15th century monastic college. The chief remains are the flint gatehouse, barbican and curtain wall of the original manor house. A Scheduled Monument.
24 June and 15 July by appointment only.
One mile south west of Bungay, follow sign to Annis Hill, then into Lodge Road. Signposted as part of Bigod Way walking trail. Rail: Beccles Suffolk (6 miles).
- Wheelchair access: No
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes