St Giles, Chollerton
St Giles, Chollerton, Nr Hexham, Northumberland NE46 4TF View on map
12th - 14th century parish church built on site of 11th century wooden church. Restored and gothicized 1873. Contains Roman monolithic columns from Corstopitum (Corbridge Roman site), re used Roman altar and 13th century font with Jacobean cover. Elaborately carved 17th century choir stalls and altar back. Organ by Father Schmidt, given to the church in 1850.
- Grant Recipient: Chollerton PCC
- Contact for access: Mr J.L Wainwright
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.