St James, Heckmondwike
St James, Heckmondwike, Church Street, Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire WF16 0AX View on map
'Waterloo' or 'Commissioners' parish church, 1830-1 by Peter Atkinson in simple Gothic style. New chancel and Lady Chapel added in 1905 and decorated in a richer gothic style with well carved parclose screen, colourful reredos and stained glass work.
Under review at time of publication, please check website for current information.
Off A638 Halifax Road close to Heckmondwike town centre, on the corner of Church Lane and Church Street. Rail: Dewsbury (2½ miles). Bus: Route 229 (Batley to Huddersfield).
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes