St Martin, Main Street
St Martin, Main Street, Seamer, North Yorkshire YO12 4QG View on map
Major Norman building built by Percy family in early 1100s with a wide nave and moulded chancel arch. South doorway Norman, door 13th century or earlier with long hinges and provision for barricading. North aisle added late 15th century. Rood screen 1686 and Jacobean panels to pulpit. Late 19th century east window by Burlyson and Grylls. Three memorials from 1830s by William Behnes.
- Grant Recipient: PCC of St Martin's, Seamer
- Contact for access: Mrs Mary Otway
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.