St Mary, Elsing
St Mary, Elsing, Dereham, Norfolk NR20 3EA View on map
Parish church dating to possible Saxon origin, partially demolished and rebuilt by Sir Hugh Hastings between 1330 and 1347. Exceptionally wide nave avoiding need for aisles. A small fragment of earlier fabric survives in west wall of nave.
Daily: 10am - 4pm.
From A47 and the A1067 follow signs to Elsing. The church is opposite the Mermaid public house.
Available at Village Hall.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes