An exterior view of the ruined west wall of St Andrew's Church, seen from the north in the churchyard
- Ruined Church of St Andrew, Chantry Lane, Bishopthorpe, York
- Photograph (Negative)
The church dates to 1768 and is attributed to Thomas Atkinson. The church is ruined, with the full-height west wall remaining, as well as the foundations of the nave, chancel walls, transepts and the tracery of a window.
The west wall has a central Tudor-arched entrance, flanked by niches with crocketed ogee heads and a finial. Above is a three light window with tracery. On either side of the wall are stepped buttresses with gabled caps and topped with crocketed pinnacles. At the apex of the west wall is a bellcote.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Wood, George Bernard
Gothick, Georgian Church, Religion
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.