The old sedilia and piscina in the barn on Ruxley Farm which was formerly St Boltoph's Church

Date:
17 Mar 1928
Location:
Ruxley Farm, Old Church Of St Boltoph, Maidstone Road, Sidcup, Bromley, Greater London Authority, DA14
Show all locations
Ruxley Manor Garden Centre, Maidstone Road, Sidcup, Bromley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08869
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The 13th century St Boltoph's Church was converted into the barn in the late 18th century but is believed to have been abandoned as a church around two centuries before. An oast kiln was also added to the structure in the 19th century.

The photographer's notes state: 'Church Barn. Sedilia and Piscina. (The Church Barn was formerly Ruxley Church, disused from the 16th century)'.

Ruxley Farm is now Ruxley Manor Garden Centre.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Piscina, Sedilia, Post Medieval Barn, Medieval Church

Back
to top