Looking east across the interior of the former St Boltoph's Church at Ruxley Farm after it had been converted into a barn

Date:
17 Mar 1928
Location:
Ruxley Farm, Old Church Of St Boltoph, Maidstone Road, Sidcup, Bromley, Greater London Authority, DA14
Show all locations
Ruxley Manor Garden Centre, Maidstone Road, Sidcup, Bromley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08871
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The 13th century St Boltoph's Church was converted into the barn in the late 18th century but is believed to have been abandoned as a church around two centuries before. An oast kiln was also added to the structure in the 19th century.

The photographer's notes state: 'Church Barn. looking east'.

Ruxley Farm is now Ruxley Manor Garden Centre.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Post Medieval Barn, Medieval Church

Back
to top