A view looking north-west from the west front of Well Hall House showing the bridge and the south front of the Tudor Barn

Date:
8 Mar 1930
Location:
Well Hall House, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/09002
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'View of the moated island from S.E from the house. The old bridge in the immediate foreground on right. The south range (south front) of the farmbuildings at the back on right'.

Well Hall was originally a 16th century moated manor house owned by the Roper Family. It was demolished in 1733 and replaced with Well Hall House, which was itself demolished in the summer of 1931. The grounds of the house became Well Hall Pleasaunce Public Park.

At the time this photograph was taken the house appears to have been unoccupied.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Tudor Moat, Tudor Barn, Tudor Bridge

Back
to top