Download Listing Data
Listing data from the National Heritage List for England (NHLE) is available to download as GIS shapefiles. Here you can find out more about the type of information available and the link to the relevant files.
Download Listing GIS data
If you want to download listing data from the National Heritage List for England (NHLE) for use in Geographic Information System (GIS) software packages, you can do this free of charge here:
You can download the following datasets as zipped folders containing Esri shapefiles with associated metadata and licences:
- Listed buildings (points)
- Scheduled monuments (polygons)
- Protected wreck sites (polygons)
- Registered parks and gardens (polygons)
- Registered battlefields (polygons)
- World Heritage Sites (polygons)
- Buildings with Building Preservation Notices (BPNs) (points)
- Buildings with a Certificate of Immunity (COI) (points)
The data indicates the location or extent of the protected area and includes basic textual information, such as:
- List Entry Number
- Grade (where applicable)
- Designation date
- National Grid Reference
- Capture scale
- Area (in hectares)
The Protected Wreck Sites data also includes the Statutory Instrument (SI) number as well as latitude and longitude.
Please note: other digital data, such as background mapping, is not included.
Also of interest...
A downloadable spatial data of 19th century settlements and terrain in England based on the Atlas of Rural Settlement.