Almshouses, Main Street, Wragby, Lincolnshire

Almshouses, Main Street, Wragby, Lincolnshire
Photograph taken 05 July 2007 © Mr James Brown. Source Historic England Archive ref: 195435

These 10 almshouses were built in 1840. They have the inscription 'Founded by Sir Edward Turnor Knt. 1695. Dona Dei Deo Amore et Exempio. Rebuilt 1840'. They were originally founded as an almshouse for six clergymen's widows and six widowers or widows, of Wragby.

Location

Lincolnshire Wragby

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

almshouse charity philanthropy poor Victorian (1837 - 1901)