Bomb Damage, Coventry, West Midlands
An elevated view looking west from Holy Trinity Church tower showing bomb damage to Market Place. Coventry was heavily bombed on the night of 14 and 15 November 1940. The city centre was designed by Donald E E Gibson who was appointed Coventry City Architect in 1938. However, due to the bomb damage Gibson had to rework his plans. Gibson's reworked plans were published in 1941 and were soon used as propaganda for post-war reconstruction of Britain, they were approved in 1946.