Church of the Holy Cross, Cromer Street, Camden Town WC1 - Camden

Church in the Early English style built in 1885 by Joseph Peacock, with internal features by Charles Nicholson circa 1913. Built of yellow stock brick under clay tiled roofs; stone dressings inside and out with red brick banding inside. An unusual two storey narthex houses the organ gallery. There is settlement of the foundations at the north east corner causing structural cracking to the vestry and associated walls of the church itself. Other repairs are needed to the east end roofing, north side guttering and brickwork. The congregation is actively exploring possible sources of funding.

Church of the Holy Cross, Cromer Street, Camden Town WC1 - Camden
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1067375
    Local Planning Authority:
    Camden
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of the Holy Cross
    Street Name:
    Cromer Street
    Locality:
    Camden Town
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Camden
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Holborn and St. Pancras
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Very bad
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    A
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA