Two chapels at South Ealing Cemetery, South Ealing Road W5 - Ealing

The two chapels are linked by a porte cochere with clock and belfry above, designed by Charles Jones and built in 1861. The buildings have fallen into disrepair and are now considered too dangerous to use. Discussions about the full repair and long-term use of the building are ongoing in association with a Building Preservation Trust. An options appraisal and condition survey of the building is being prepared funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.

Two chapels at South Ealing Cemetery, South Ealing Road  W5 - Ealing
© London Borough of Ealing

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    TWO CHAPELS AT SOUTH EALING CEMETERY
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1380227
    Local Planning Authority:
    Ealing
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Chapel

Location

    Building Name:
    Two chapels at South Ealing Cemetery
    Street Name:
    South Ealing Road
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Ealing
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Ealing, Southall
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Very bad
    Occupancy / Use:
    Vacant/not in use
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    A
    Ownership:
    Local authority