KETLEY HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1038628

Date first listed: 30-Mar-1971

Date of most recent amendment: 08-Apr-1983

Statutory Address: KETLEY HALL, RED LEES

Map

Ordnance survey map of KETLEY HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1038628 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 13:22:23.

Location

Statutory Address: KETLEY HALL, RED LEES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Ketley

National Grid Reference: SJ 67897 10742

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HADLEY RED LAKE 1. 5362 Red Lees Ketley Hall (Formerly listed as The Hall) SJ 61 SE 28/259 30.3.71

II

2. C18 brick house with late C18/early C19 wings. Plain tile hipped roof behind parapet with stone coping. Three storeys. 2:3:2 bays. Centre 3 bays are the original 2-storey house with a brick dentil eaves course over first floor windows. Heightened to 3 storeys with 3 second floor sashes in segmental-headed openings. The ground and first floor has sashes in flush casing and central doorcase with late C19 porch. Projecting left and right 2-storeyed 2-bay wings with large sash windows complete with glazing bars and lintels with keyblocks. Continuous parapet over whole with stringcourse over second floor windows. Joseph Reynolds, son of Richard Reynolds lived here, probably after 1793, the date of his marriage. Circa 1818 occupied by Henry Williams the engineer and superintendant of the Shropshire Canal Company.

Listing NGR: SJ6789710742

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 362124

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing