THE SOUTH EASTERN OF THE TWO SHAVINGTON BRIDGES APPROXIMATELY 600 METRES TO SOUTH WEST OF BANKHOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1055296

Date first listed: 10-Feb-1959

Date of most recent amendment: 05-Jun-1987

Statutory Address: THE SOUTH EASTERN OF THE TWO SHAVINGTON BRIDGES APPROXIMATELY 600 METRES TO SOUTH WEST OF BANKHOUSE FARMHOUSE, SHAVINGTON PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE SOUTH EASTERN OF THE TWO SHAVINGTON BRIDGES APPROXIMATELY 600 METRES TO SOUTH WEST OF BANKHOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055296 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 03:34:38.

Location

Statutory Address: THE SOUTH EASTERN OF THE TWO SHAVINGTON BRIDGES APPROXIMATELY 600 METRES TO SOUTH WEST OF BANKHOUSE FARMHOUSE, SHAVINGTON PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Adderley

National Grid Reference: SJ 64532 38924

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 63 NW ADDERLEY C.P. SHAVINGTON PARK SJ 6453 3893

5/8 The south-eastern of 10.2.59 the two Shavington Bridges approx. 600 metres to south-west of Bank house Farmhouse (formerly listed as Bridges at Shavington Hall)

GV II

Bridge. Probably late C18, widened in 1940. Red sandstone ashlar. Single segmental arch with flanking pilaster buttresses. Quadrant wing walls. Moulded string course to parapet with square end piers (minus globe finials). Initially built by the estate this bridge and its neighbour (see Moreton Say C.P.) were widened by the County Council in 1940 reusing the ashlar masonry. The bridges carry the minor road from Adderley to Wilkesley across the River Duckow at a point where it has been widened to form an ornamental lake known as the Long Pool. Bankhouse Farmhouse is not included on this list. Anthony Blackwall, Historic Bridges of Shropshire, Shropshire Libraries, p.66.

Listing NGR: SJ6453238924

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 260311

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Blackwall, A, Historic Bridges of Shropshire, (1985), 66

End of official listing