MARTIN LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1071244

Date first listed: 13-Aug-1984

Date of most recent amendment: 05-Dec-1984

Statutory Address: MARTIN LODGE, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MARTIN LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071244 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 03:01:46.

Location

Statutory Address: MARTIN LODGE, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Ashford (District Authority)

Parish: Molash

National Grid Reference: TR 02806 51879

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 15/01/2013

TR 05 SW 3/35

MOLASH THE STREET (north side) Martin Lodge

(Formerly listed as Old School)

II

School now house. C17 and c. 1824. C17 wing timber-framed and clad in English bond brickwork and weatherboarding, and slate roof. C19 wing red brick and slate roof. Entrance front (C19): two storeys and hipped roof, with rear stacks to left and right. Regular fenestration of 3 sash windows to first floor, and 2 to ground floor with gauged heads. Central 4 panelled door with rectangular fanlight and flat hood on brackets. To right 1 storey painted brick range on rubble plinth with plain tile roof, and 3 sash windows, originally part of school, now part of the Commercial premises adjoining. Kelly's Directory gives date c. 1824 building of school (Kelly's Directory, Kent, 1927). Rear block has heavy scantling timber-frame, and two mullioned windows have been exposed.

Listing NGR: TR0280651879

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 181575

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Kellys Directory' in Kent, (1927)

End of official listing