61 AND 63, MAIN STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071830
Date first listed:
02-May-1968
Statutory Address:
61 AND 63, MAIN STREET, WARTON

Map

Ordnance survey map of 61 AND 63, MAIN STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071830 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 10:47:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
61 AND 63, MAIN STREET, WARTON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Warton
National Grid Reference:
SD4986572222

Details

SD 47 SE 3/248

WARTON MAIN STREET (NORTH SIDE) Nos. 61 and 63

2.5.1968

GV II Pair of cottages, 1752. Limestone rubble (No. 61, to the left, rendered) with sandstone dressings and slate roof. Double-pile plan with gable stacks. 2 storeys with attics. Twin doors in centre with plain stone surrounds. Windows chamfered with flush mullions. To the left is a former 2-light window with sill lowered and mullion removed. To the right (No. 63) is a 3-light window. On the 1st floor is a 2-light window to the left and a 3-light window to the right. Above the doors is an oval plaque with carved border inscribed 'J D 1752'. The right-hand gable wall has two 2-light windows with a chamfered one-light attic window. Gables have coping and kneelers. The cottages were once undivided on the 1st floor, suggesting that they might have been built as one house with a separate workshop entrance on the ground floor.

Listing NGR: SD4986572222

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182016
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Jul 2005
Reference: IOE01/14561/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Doug McNeill. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].