THE STONE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1138868

Date first listed: 06-Jul-1984

Statutory Address: THE STONE HOUSE, DAVEY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE STONE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1138868 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 16:51:02.

Location

Statutory Address: THE STONE HOUSE, DAVEY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Alderley Edge

National Grid Reference: SJ 84432 78754

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 87 NW ALDERLEY EDGE C.P. DAVEY LANE (North Side)

4/54 The Stone House.

GV II

Formerly farmhouse, now house: dated 1634 with C19 and C20 alterations. Ashlar buff sandstone, Kerridge stone-slate roof and 3 brick chimneys. H-plan house with door into the hall. 2-storey, 4-bay front. Chamfered plinth with a projecting moulded bond at the 1st floor. End bays step forward slightly and have C19 tall broad 3-light stone mullions below and casements in now stuccoed but originally timber framed gables. Right bay has plaque in moulded surround at 1st floor reading E*M IxF. To left of centre is a 7-light rebated chamfered stone mullioned and transomed window and to right a double rebated doorcase with C20 6-panelled door. Above is a 2-light casement in a gabled half dormer. Another plaque on the 1st floor band reads JMV 1634 with a star and double crosses. Some brick extensions to the rear.

Listing NGR: SJ8443278754

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 58220

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing