FARM BUILDING SOUTH WEST OF WINCLE GRANGE AND FORMER CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1138882

Date first listed: 25-Jul-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Jun-1984

Statutory Address: FARM BUILDING SOUTH WEST OF WINCLE GRANGE AND FORMER CHAPEL

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARM BUILDING SOUTH WEST OF WINCLE GRANGE AND FORMER CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1138882 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 01:38:17.

Location

Statutory Address: FARM BUILDING SOUTH WEST OF WINCLE GRANGE AND FORMER CHAPEL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Wincle

National Park: PEAK DISTRICT

National Grid Reference: SJ 95539 65388

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WINCLE C.P. SJ 96 NE Farm building south west 14/4/1967 of Wincle Grange 25/7/1952 and former chapel (formerly listed as Barn)

GV II

Farm Building probably late C17, much altered. Reddish squared rubble sandstone walls; re-roofed in Staffordshire blue clay tiles. Originally 2 storey, probably a shippon with labourers' accommodation in part of upper storey. 4 door-openings under massive stone lintels; the central 2 have slightly arched soffites. Traces of a stone-mullioned window to former upper storey, with ovolo jambs and head. Small extensions, with monopitch roof, right, and under ridged roof projecting forward, left. The upper floor has been removed. Part of the building was for a period used as a chapel.

Listing NGR: SJ9553965388

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 58149

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing