THE WILTON ARMS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1251180
Date first listed:
05-Sep-1995
Statutory Address:
THE WILTON ARMS, 10, KINNERTON STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE WILTON ARMS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251180 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Oct-2019 at 21:19:29.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE WILTON ARMS, 10, KINNERTON STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
City of Westminster (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 28009 79675

Details

TQ 2879 NW KINNERTON STREET (west side) 1900-/88/10083 The Wilton Arms (no. 10)

II

Public house, 1825-6. Rendered brick, roof hidden behind parapet. Ground floor occupied by timber pub frontage, largely C20. Floor-plan two rooms deep, and three bays wide, three storeys high. Frontage a symmetrical composition, the upper floors with twelve-light glazing bar sashes in moulded architrave surrounds, save for the central second-floor window which is blind and inscribed 'THE WILTON ARMS 1826'. Balcony to first floor on heavy timber brackets with C20 ironwork. Pub frontage with doors to either side of small paned four-bay glazed front, with late C20 fascia and lamp. The interior retains some slender cast-iron columns and cornices, also an early or mid-C19 grate in late C20 surround. Included as an unusual, dated example of a surviving 1820s public house. Most London pubs were rebuilt or dramatically elaborated in the 1890s.

Listing NGR: TQ2804179507

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
433814
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/04359/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Les Kerry. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].