Brassey Institute, Claremont, Hastings, East Sussex
This is a public institute building constructed in 1878-80. It was built by W. L. Vernon for Thomas Brassey during his period as a MP for Hastings. It was built in a highly decorated Gothic revival style. The building had a reference library on ground floor, assembly room on first floor, school of art and science on the upper floors, accommodation for the Hastings Rowing Club in the basement and a suite of rooms for the proprietor. It is now occupied by the Hastings Area Library.